Monday, August 17, 2015

Veterans Choice Card Program

I got my Veterans Choice Plan Card in January. I thought "Wow" Now I don't have to go 110 Miles to OKC. Boy was I ever wrong. I needed some X-Rays done in July. Instead of getting them done Locally I was told I would need to go to OKC, 110 miles from here. Our VA Clinic that is 12 miles from here does not have any X-Ray Equipment. I told the Nurse that gave this information to forget it. That I was not going to go 110 Miles for X-Rays. I have had X-Rays done at the Hospital in Wichita Falls in the past , by the VA, and thought it was just ludicrous to have to go 110 miles. I was contacted a few days later and told that I could get the X-Rays done at a Hospital at Ft Sill,OK, only 52 miles away. I said OK and made the appointment. I had an appointment at the Local VA a week later. When I asked about the results of the X-Rays, they had no answers, the results had not been posted yet. When talking to my VA Doctor about it, I was told that I would no longer be allowed to go to Ft Sill for X-Rays, the contract expired or something like that. So I asked "Then they are not even going to give us the results of the ones they did" He said that they would, but didn't know when. A few days later we got the results, everything was OK. Now I see that Sen John McCain is going to try to get the Veterans Choice Card Program a permanent program. My thought is the Program isn't really very good when the VA considers ANY Facility with in 40 Miles is a Facility that we can get treatment at. Like ours in Wichita Fall. About all we can get there is Blood work and shots. So the program should be named The Veterans NO Choice Card Program

No comments:

Post a Comment